I love it when I throw something together for dinner and it actually comes out good enough to make again. I hate it though when I don’t write down amounts so that I’m able to share it with you. I’m gonna take a guess as to how much of everything I used. Please feel free to write to me and let me know your thoughts.
This recipe is simple and didn’t make a mess. Here’s what you’ll need:
Brown Sugar Fig Pork Tenderloin
1 apple, thinly sliced
1/4 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
1/4 cup fig preserves
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup oil (we use canola)
1/4 cup brown sugar (maybe a little less…)
- Preheat oven 400 degrees.
- Lightly oil a 9×13 pan.
- Place the pork tenderloin and sliced apples and onions in pan. Lightly spray all with small amount of oil and bake in oven 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small food processer or blender add the remaining ingredients and whip into a thick mixture.
- Spread sugar mixture onto pork and bake an additional 15 minutes or until internal temperature of 145 and allow it to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Top sliced pork with apples and onions.
My boys and I devoured this. It made the house smell fantastic. I hope your family enjoys it too.