I’m not sure about you, but I do miss me a good peanut butter bar recipe, which is exactly why I created this delicious nut-free and top8free* version with SunButter®.
I couldn’t make up my mind on which chocolate to use, so I used both. One half is semi-sweet and the other is dark chocolate and both are equally delicious.
1/2 cup allergy-friendly shortening
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup SunButter® Sunflower Seed Spread
egg replacer and water equal to 1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup gluten-free flour mix
1/2 cup gluten-free quick-cooking oats
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup allergy-friendly chocolate chips
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Cream together shortening, sugar, brown sugar, and SunButter® in a large bowl.
- Beat egg replacer, water and vanilla and add to bowl.
- Mix flour, oats, baking soda, and salt then add to bowl.
- Press the mixture into a lightly greased 9×13 pan
- Spread chocolate on top and gently press into mixture.
- Cook 23-27 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool before cutting.
EBL Food Allergies
Click HERE so that you don’t miss a recipe!!!
* Although soy is not an ingredient in SunButter®, the sunflower kernel is roasted on equipment that also roasts soy. There is a clean-out process between the two. Please feel free to read the soy statement by SunButter® for a better understanding of the process.