Slow Cooker Beef Stew – Allergy Free
2 lbs. cubed beef
2 cups beef broth
2 Tbsp tapioca starch
2 Tbsp tomato sauce
1 onion, sliced
1/2 red pepper, sliced
1/2 bag baby carrots
2 celery stalks, sliced
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp thyme
1 bay leaf
salt to taste
slow cooker liner
- Line your slow cooker with a liner. I use one every time for easy clean-up and because I twist it closed to seal in all of the moisture while cooking for long periods of time.
- Add beef to slow cooker.
- In a small sealable jar add tapioca starch and some beef broth, seal and shake until the mixture is completely mixed with no lumps remaining. Add to slow cooker.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker, twist the liner closed, and cover with lid.
- Cook on low 8-10 hours, or high 4-6 hours.
- Serve with pasta, rice, or quinoa.
This meal is perfect to pack into an insulated food container for your kid’s lunch! It’ll stay warm for hours! It is dairy free, soy free, egg free, nut free, wheat free, gluten free, corn free, fish free, and shellfish free. Enjoy!