- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix oats, oil, and salt. Empty contents onto 2 foil lined cookie sheets and bake for 20 minutes.
- In a small saucepan add sugar, honey, agave nectar, and molasses over medium heat, stirring frequently, until bubbles form. Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Empty the oat mix, the honey mix, and the remaining ingredients (except for the chocolate) into the same large bowl and stir until even coated.
- Lower the oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Press the mixture into a deep cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle the dark chocolate on top of the mixture and press into the granola bars (I use another sheet of parchment paper and press down firmly to compact the mixture)
- Cook for 15-20 minutes. Allow the granola bars to cool completely before cutting.
Are you looking for an allergy-friendly chocolate to use in your baking? I used Enjoy Life Foods dark chocolate morsels for this recipe. Their products are gluten-free and free of the top 8 allergens: dairy, soy, egg, peanut, tree nut, wheat, fish, and shellfish.
Click here for a 55 cent coupon off Enjoy Life Foods product AND enter the give-away below for your chance to WIN one free bag of their Dark Chocolate Morsels.