- Slice the apple into thirds on either side of the core.
- Slice the center piece into thirds on either side of the core, again.
- Place the two slices of apple on top of the bottom half. It’s best to have the apple on a piece of tin foil now, so you don’t have to move it later. Using two spoons, scoop the SunButter mixture out of the jar with one spoon and push the mixture into the center of the apple using the other spoon.
- Fill the apple with your favorite toppings. I did raisins in one apple, and marshmallow and chocolate chips in the other.
- Next, I sliced the remaining apple piece into thirds and placed them on top of the mixture. You’ll end up with an almost complete apple with all the gooey fixings on the inside. I ended up pushing the mixture back into the apple and wrapping the apple up tight with the foil.
- The last thing to do is to place the wrapped apple next to (not on) the coals of your campfire. I roast ours for about 10-15 minutes which is just long enough to melt your inside ingredients and not too long that will turn your apple to mush. Just be sure to allow it to cool before unwrapping because these suckers get HOT!
- Just slice your banana down the middle, fill with your favorite toppings (I used SunButter, chocolate chips, and marshmallows) and wrap it in foil.
- Place the wrapped banana next to the coals for about 5-10 minutes, just long enough to melt the ingredients and warm up the banana. Allow it to cool before unwrapping! The heat turns the banana peel black so don’t be worried when you unwrap it. Use a spoon to scoop out the mixture and prepare to be in love. Don’t say I didn’t warn you!
*Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned in some of my posts for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe my readers will enjoy. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”