My youngest avoids dairy, eggs and nuts. I avoid gluten. My husband and oldest son don’t avoid anything. So how do I make just ONE cake that we can all enjoy for birthdays and celebrations?
Easy!!! Banana Berry Split Cake!
This gorgeous, fruit filled Dairy Free Ice Cream Cake is the perfect solution for our family! The coconut based ice cream is safe for my son and the cookies are safe for both of us! Not to mention, who doesn’t like a banana split sundae?
There are so many benefits to having an ice cream cake…
- no baking
- not many ingredients
- can be made ahead of time
- stores longer than a traditional cake
- leftovers can be frozen in individual sizes for easy snacking later
- can be made as simple as spreading different flavors of ice cream with great results
- easily made to accommodate food restrictions
- no need for frosting or time consuming instructions
- did I mention how simple they are to make?
I made a simple ice cream cake in the past that had only four ingredients and my son LOVED it! This time, however, I wanted to create a cake with bursts of fruity flavors that reminded me of my childhood favorite, a banana split sundae! I was also inspired to create something that I thought others would enjoy as part of a recipe contest that I was asked to participate in.
Go Dairy Free will be hosting a recipe contest where 20 food bloggers will battle against each other using So Delicious Frozen Dessert Products. You, my dear readers, hold the power to vote for your favorites! Competition will be tough! I’ve already seen some of my fellow blogger’s creations and they’re gorgeous! Please “like” my #raiseapint Banana Berry Split Cake posts on Instagram and Twitter ! Thanks, I’d really appreciate it. 🙂
Now let’s get to the good stuff! The recipe!
The way the recipe is written makes this Banana Berry Split Cake free of dairy, egg, soy, wheat, gluten, dye, peanuts, and actual tree nuts (it does contain coconut), which in my eyes makes it Top 8 Free.
Banana Berry Split Cake
- 3 pints of So Delicious Coconut Milk Frozen Dessert (chocolate, strawberry and vanilla), softened
- 1/2 cup frozen sliced strawberries in sugar, thawed
- 1/2 cup crushed canned pineapple
- 2 bananas
- 6 safe chocolate cookies, crushed (I used a top 8 free cookie)
- fresh berries
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Stir the strawberry ice cream and press it into the pan using a spatula.
- Slice one banana in half and press it on each side of the inside of the pan.
- Spread the strawberries in sugar mixture next.
- Stir the chocolate ice cream and press into the pan on top of the strawberries.
- Spread the crushed pineapple on top of the chocolate ice cream.
- Stir the vanilla ice cream and spread it on top of the pineapple.
- Press the crushed chocolate cookie onto the last layer of ice cream.
- Place the pan into the freezer.
- Remove the pan from the freezer 5-10 minutes prior to serving. Using a knife gently insert it around the edges of the pan between the parchment paper and the pan to loosed the cake. Flip the cake upside down onto a plate, remove the pan and the parchment paper. Decorate the cake with the remaining banana and fresh berries.
I also scooped the last of the ice cream, pineapple, and strawberries into small paper cups, put a bent lollipop stick inside and stuck it in the freezer and came out with banana split pops!!! My son is eating one as I type this and he’s LOVING it!
Interested in making your own allergy-friendly ice cream cake? Fill out this form to receive some money saving coupons from So Delicious to make things easier on the wallet. Feeling lucky and want to enter their current contest where the winner receives an ice cream party prize pack? Read the details here on how you can win. Good luck!
*The products in this recipe were paid for along with a small shopping bonus by either Go Dairy Free or So Delicious as part of the contest.