Allergy Friendly Italian Haddock Marinara can be made in less than 30 minutes, is super flavorful and is one of our family favorites. The recipe is dairy free, gluten-free, egg free, wheat free and nut free, but still tastes amazing. It’s even better the next day for leftovers!
I always try to have fish for dinner at least once a week and I’m always looking for new recipes to add to our menu. This recipe makes it to our table monthly and I serve it over gluten-free spaghetti, which brings plenty of laughs at the dinner table while the kids attempt to twirl it on their fork. Tomato sauce and kids attempting to twirl spaghetti could mean disaster. Therefore a red shirt or a large bib might be a good idea!
Italian Haddock Marinara
- 2 Vidalia onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2T olive oil
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 28oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1T sugar
- 2lb haddock
- 1T parsley, chopped
- 16oz GF spaghetti, cooked (I cook it while I make the sauce)
- Heat a 12″ skillet over medium heat and cook onion and garlic with the olive oil for approx 5 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Add white wine, increase heat to med-high, and simmer for 2 minutes. Add crushed tomatoes,sugar & some parsley (save a little sprinkle on top when the dish is complete) and continue cooking 5 minutes.
- Add haddock into the tomato sauce, lower heat to a slow simmer and cover. Continue cooking for approx 8 minutes or until fish is white and flaky and serve over pasta. Sprinkle with remaining parsley.
That’s it! Dinner is ready!