I’ve been using the same allergy-friendly vegan pancake recipe for years! We’ve made them with and without gluten using the replacement below. The recipe as written is dairy free, egg free, soy free, nut free, legume free, and can be made gluten free, but they still taste amazing! You won’t even tell the difference!
Do you know how to properly measure flour? If not, this recipe and many others can FAIL! The proper way to measure flour is to spoon the flour into your measuring cup. Do NOT dive your cup into your bag of flour and pack it full. That would throw the whole recipe off by adding too much dry ingredients! Spoon the flour into the measuring cup and drag a knife across the top of the cup to get rid of access flour. Voila one cup of properly measured flour!
- 1 cup flour (wheat or GF flour blend)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil
- 3/4 cup safe milk (we use rice milk)
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp oil for cooking
- blueberries (optional)
- Mix flour, baking powder, and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Mix oil and milk together in small bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir well.
- Preheat a large pan over medium heat with 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, spoon mixture into circles on heated pan and cook until bubbles form on outside of pancake (add blueberries now if using), flip and cook another 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- If freezing, allow to cool completely on wire rack. Place in freezer bags.