The trick to these moist burgers??? Shredded apple! Mmmmm… This is a favorite in my house and I recently made an update to it. After you try it, it’ll be a favorite in yours too! Pineapple Apple Turkey Burgers are sure to be a hit! I usually serve it with sweet potato fries and a green veggie, but it’d go with almost anything!
My husband grilled these burgers up tonight for dinner and he added something that I think made the recipe TEN times better, barbeque sauce! Mmmmm…. He made the burgers like the instructions below state, but while they were cooking he squirt a bit of bbq sauce on them and it made such a HUGE difference in taste. I don’t think I’ll go back to the old way anymore. It was THAT good!
Pineapple Apple Turkey Burgers
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 small apple, shredded
- 1 T brown sugar
- 1 small can pineapple rings
- buns and toppings of your choice
- BBQ sauce (optional)
- In a medium mixing bowl combine turkey, apple and brown sugar.
- Separate into four equal parts and roll into balls.
- Press each turkey ball into a burger press, place one pineapple ring on top of turkey and press mixture together. Pineapple should be firmly pressed into turkey mixture.
- Grill the burgers 5-7 min on each side over a medium flame until cooked through and slather BBQ sauce on top.
- Serve with buns and toppings of your choice.