Sometimes you just have to make a sweet treat that’ll make your kid’s mouth drop when they see it. That’s just what this new dessert recipe for SunButter Confetti Bars did for my boys. The bottom layer is sweet SunButter fudge mixed with two layers of salty pretzels. The middle layer is marshmallows mixed with melted allergy-friendly chocolate. The top layer is drizzled top8free white chocolate with rainbow sprinkles. I’m telling you, SunButter Confetti Bars will make your kid’s eyes wide with excitement!!!
I’m hosting a GIVEAWAY for an entire case of SunButter Sunflower Butter so be sure to keep on reading to find out how YOU can win!
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post. I am an official SunButter Blog Partner Ambassador and receive product and payment for creating awesome recipes using their products. All opinions are my own.
This recipe won’t just make the kids happy, but it’ll make the baker happy too because it’s a no bake recipe. That’s right, folks, another easy-to-make microwave recipe! Why do I keep making microwave recipes? Because they’re SO easy and because they don’t heat my house up on hot summer days!
I made this recipe free of nuts, dairy and eggs. The only thing that contains soy (that I used) are the sprinkles, but there are safe soy-free sprinkles that are available to purchase. When I made this batch I only applied the vegan white chocolate and sprinkles to half of recipe because I wanted to make sure my boys liked it first, which they did! They like the ones with sprinkles just as much as the ones without, so the vegan white chocolate and sprinkles are optional. They sure do make the bars look colorful though.
I used pretzels that contain wheat in the recipe, but gluten-free pretzels can easily be substituted. I wanted this recipe to be easily adaptable to many diet restrictions while still having similar results. I’m telling you, this recipe will not disappoint. Both of my boys have requested SunButter Confetti Bars within the first 5 minutes of being home from school since I made them. They are THAT good! I did change one thing since taking the pictures. I cut all of the bars in half! Each serving is about 1″x1″ big.
Now for the recipe…
SunButter Confetti Bars Recipe
- 2 cups allergy-friendly square pretzels
- 1/2 cup allergy-friendly shortening
- 1/2 cup SunButter Sunflower Butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
Chocolate Marshmallow Layer
- 1 cup allergy-friendly chocolate chips
- 1 overflowing cup of mini marshmallows
- 1 vegan chocolate white bar, chopped
- rainbow sprinkles
- Line a 9×9 baking pan with parchment or waxed paper. I cut slits on each corner to allow the paper to lay flat against the sides. Spread one layer of pretzels evenly on the bottom of the pan.
- Add shortening and SunButter to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute and stir. Add powdered sugar to the bowl and mix well. Slowly pour the SunButter mixture over the pretzels, covering each one. Put the pan into the freezer while you’re making the next step.
- Add the chocolate to a medium sized microwave safe bowl. Microwave in increments of 40 seconds and stir until chocolate is completely melted. Add marshmallows to the bowl and stir to cover with chocolate. Remove the pan from the freezer and pour the chocolate marshmallow mixture on top of the fudge layer spreading it evenly. I added a small amount of plain marshmallows in between the chocolate marshmallows just to fill in any holes.
- Add the chopped, vegan chocolate bar to a small microwave safe bowl. Microwave in increments of 40 seconds and stir until completely melted. Drizzle the melted chocolate on top of the SunButter mixture and sprinkle with rainbow sprinkles. Chill the bars in the refrigerator or freezer until completely set. Cut into 1-inch bars and store in a tightly closing container in the refrigerator.
Enter the giveaway for your chance to win AN ENTIRE CASE OF SUNBUTTER!!! Browse through the different varieties HERE!! Why? Because you get to choose which one you get! Ohhhhhh yeaaaahhhhh!!!!
Entering the giveaway is super simple! The winner will be selected at random on October 3rd, 2016. Can’t wait to find out if you won? Use this coupon in the meantime for $1 off your next SunButter item!
Good luck and enjoy the recipe!
EBL Food Allergies