One package of chicken leg quarters comes with four thighs, four legs and costs under $5. One small bag of Brussel sprouts and five potatoes also costs under $5. The other four ingredients I already had at home except the lime. So let’s go crazy for a minute and just say this entire One Pan Roasted Chicken meal cost $12 to make. This 12 dollar meal eaten by four people is only $3 per person and it’s HEALTHY, made with whole foods and delicious!
Did I mention this meal is also free of gluten, dairy, egg, nuts, wheat, fish, shellfish, tree nuts and soy?
I like dinners that I can do easily and without a lot of pots, pans, blenders and food processors to clean, which is one of the reasons why I love this recipe so much. I use one chef knife, one cutting board, one small bowl, measuring spoons and one large roasting pan. That’s it! The process to cook it all is also easy. I promise!
Wash and cut the potatoes. Easy.
Wash and cut the Brussel sprouts (or carrots if you prefer). Easy.
Mix 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Easy.
Throw it all together in a pan. DONE!
One Pan Roasted Chicken, Potatoes and Veggie
Please do not take screen shots of the recipe. Thank you!
- 5 red skinned potatoes, washed and cubed
- 20 Brussel sprouts, washed and remove the outer layers and trim the stems
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of coconut aminos or GF soy sauce
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Add cooking oil, potatoes and Brussel sprouts to a large roasting pan and mix together to coat the veggies with the oil. Sprinkle with salt and peppers and then push the veggies towards the edge of the pan and add the chicken quarters to the center of the pan.
- In a small bowl mix the honey, coconut aminos (or soy sauce), garlic and lime together. Spoon the mixture over the chicken quarters. Sprinkle the chicken with salt.
- Insert a meat thermometer into the thick part of the chicken thigh and cook the chicken until the internal temperature reaches 180 degrees. My oven was acting up a bit and it took my chicken 40 minutes to reach the correct temp.