If you’re anything like me, you love to have your freezer stocked with allergy friendly baked goods just waiting to get packed into your child’s lunchbox! Each time I make a cookie (like these Chewy Vegan Cranberry Orange Cookies), cupcake, granola bar or any other baked good, I freeze at least half of the batch for later. You never know when you’re going to need a quick dessert or holiday cupcake! Plus, I think it makes my son feel special that he gets homemade treats in his lunchbox each day. I know many of his friends look at his treats with envy even though they’re dairy, egg and nut free.
I’m always looking to switch the cookie recipes up a bit from the traditional chocolate chip. Lucky for my son and I, my mom made these delicious cookies and they were a huge hit! I love that she’s so willing to make allergy friendly baked goods for my son. She knows and understands his allergens and makes some of the best baked goods for him! She also makes a HUGE amount of safe food for when she hosts the holidays. If I haven’t told you lately, Mom, I really appreciate everything you do for us and love you tons and tons!!!
Check out these other delicious allergy friendly cookie recipes!
Chewy Vegan Cranberry Orange Cookies
Please do not take screen shots of recipes. Thank you.
- 1/2 cup of Earth Balance Buttery Sticks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg OR 1 1/2 Tablespoons of water, 1 1/2 Tablespoons oil, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, mixed well
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups of dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line one large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the first five ingredients (buttery sticks, sugar, extract, baking powder and salt) in a large bowl.
- Mix the egg replacer mixture in a small bowl and add to the sugar mixture, mixing well.
- Slowly add the flour and cranberries, mixing well.
- Shape dough into 1″ balls and place on cookie sheet. Flatten each ball slightly using a fork or your fingers.
- Bake the cookie for about 6-8 minutes being careful not to overcook them! Allow them to rest for 10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.