My husband’s Grandmother, Emily DiBurro, was a great woman. She was warm, loving, funny, an extremely hard worker, and a great cook. She loved her family, loved flowers, and loved to shop. This recipe for banana bread is one of her many great recipes. I made some substitutes to make it allergy free. The taste is still incredible! I’m sure she’s smiling down on us as we all are able to enjoy her recipes. Thanks Gram.
Great Grammy DiBurro’s Banana Bread (made allergy free)
1 3/4 cup flour OR 1 3/4 cup of gluten free flour mix
2/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup Spectrum shortening
1 cup mashed banana
1Tbsp of EnerG egg replacer mixed with 4Tbsp warm water
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Grease loaf pan.
- In a large bowl mix first six ingredients with a fork until crumbly.
- Mix egg replacer and water in a small bowl.
- Add bananas and egg replacer to the large bowl and mix well.
- Pour mixture into loaf pan.
- Bake in oven 55-60 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes in pan then empty onto cooling rack and allow to cool completely.