|EBL Food Allergies|
First, we’ll start off with the SUPER easy recipe.
Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies
1 box of gluten free cookie mix (we used King Arthur Flour Cookie Mix)
1/2 cup butter or shortening (we use Spectrum Organic Palm Shortening)
1 egg (or egg substitute equivalent to one egg, we used EnerG Egg Replacer)
2 Tablespoons of water
1 cup of dark chocolate chips (we used Enjoy Life Foods dark chocolate morsels)
5 candy canes, crushed
Following the directions from the box and my own suggestions:
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. using half of the cookie mix, beat in the shortening. Add the egg and water and continue mixing.
3. add the remaining amount of cookie mix and mix thoroughly and fold the chocolate chips into the mix.
4. scoop 2Tablespoons of cookie dough at a time, and using your hands firmly press mixture into a ball then flatten it a little. Press one side of the flattened ball into the crushed candy cane and drop onto ungreased cookie sheet, candy cane side up.
5. bake for 10-12 minutes, or until just starting to brown
6. allow to cool for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
Next, enter below to win a package of the NEW dark chocolate morsels by Enjoy Life Foods! They are made with 69% cacao and they are non GMO (love that). They are also gluten free and free of the top 8 allergens. Ingredients: Unsweetened Chocolate, Cane Sugar.
|Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies
allergy free, gluten free, top8free
Enjoy and good luck!!