You know when everyone at the dinner table finishes their meal, that it is a good recipe. We call that ‘Clean Plate Club’ in our house. This recipe, Crust-Free Chicken Pot Pie, makes everyone a part of the Clean Plate Club it’s that good!
|Crust-Free Chicken Pot Pie
|Veggies and Chicken for the
Chicken Pot Pie
Ingredients – feel free to use whatever veggies your family enjoys.
3 cups chicken broth
1.5 lbs boneless chicken
3 Tbsp cooking oil
1/2 onion, chopped
2 celery ribs, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 small head of broccoli, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
1 1/2 cups mushrooms, sliced
1 zucchini, chopped
1 can sliced potatoes
1/2 cup cooking oil
1/2 cup flour (I use brown rice flour)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil chicken in the chicken broth over med-high heat for 10 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, heat large pan over med heat with the 3 Tbsp of oil.
- Saute the onion, pepper, celery, carrot, and broccoli. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining vegetables and continue cooking over medium heat until cooked.
- Remove chicken from pot (save chicken broth) and allow it to cool slightly before chopping.
- Empty cook vegetables into a glass casserole dish.
- Using the vegetable pan, heat 1/2 cup oil over medium heat. Whisk in flour stirring continuously.
- Slowly add chicken broth whisking continuously and allow the mixture to thicken slightly.
- Stir the chicken and “cream” into the casserole dish with the vegetables.
- Cook for 20-30 minutes until the top is golden. Serve over brown rice.
Don’t want to miss a post or recipe? Follow along by clicking here!