I can’t believe that I’m just writing this now! Thanks to Rachel of Mom Versus Food Allergy for creating the Allergy-Friendly Thanksgiving Recipe Round-Up which motivated me to FINALLY share this delicious recipe!
I used this stuffing recipe when I hosted Thanksgiving last year and my little guy devoured it! I’m not even sure why I only make it once a year. It should definitely be enjoyed more than that! It is FREE OF: dairy, soy, egg, wheat, gluten, and nuts (fish and shell fish too) which makes this baby top8free!
Let’s get to the good stuff, shall we?
Allergy-Friendly Apple Cranberry Stuffing
- If your bread is moist, place it on a cookie sheet and bake in the oven at 325 for 7 minutes. My bread was on the dryer side so I decided to skip this step. Add cubed bread into a large mixing bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet heat 2 Tablespoons of oil and cook the onion and celery over medium heat until tender and translucent. Add the apple, cranberry, salt, pepper, poultry seasoning, and sage and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Mix the onion mixture into the large bowl with bread cubes, mixing well. Add the chicken broth until everything is evenly covered.
- Empty the mixture into a large baking dish (or use two smaller ones). Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes. Feel free to add more chicken broth if your stuffing seems dry.
- Uncover the pans and bake an additional 20-25 minutes being careful to not burn the bread!
- ENJOY! 🙂