This is THE cookie! The one that we made this year for the big guy, Santa! I’ve had to hide the cookies from the kids so they wouldn’t eat them all! They are dairy-free, soy-free, egg-free, and nut-free and still delicious! Try them out!
|Allergy-Friendly Molasses Cut-Out Cookies
EBL Food Allergies – #dairyfree #soyfree #eggfree #nutfree
Allergy-Friendly Molasses Cut-Out Cookies
PRINT RECIPE HERE
1 cup of brown sugar
3/4 cup spectrum shortening
1/4 cup molasses
EnerG Egg Replacer mixed with water for 1 Egg
2 1/4 cups of flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix the first four ingredients in an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a separate bowl, then add to the molasses mixture, mixing until well blended.
- Using your hands form the mixture into two large balls and roll out (no need for refrigerating) each ball of dough into a 1/4″ thickness. Use cookie cutters to make different shapes.
- Place each cookie onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 8-12 minutes being careful to not overcook!!! The cookies will get very crunchy if baked too long.
- Once cooled, sprinkle with powdered sugar or glaze with icing.
EBL Food Allergies