Have you ever had a sample from one of those Chinese restaurants at the mall? They’re sweet and sticky and taste super yummy? Well I made an Allergy Friendly Chinese Chicken Recipe that’s gonna knock your socks off!
Of course, I’m kicking myself now as I load the picture into the post.
Why didn’t I plate the chicken and take a nice photo???
You wanna know the real reason why?
Cuz I was hungry!!! lol That’s why!
I guess I’ll just have to make it again! 🙂
Back to the recipe…
Allergy Friendly Chinese Chicken Recipe
Please do not take screenshots of recipes. Thank you.
- 8 boneless chicken thighs
- 2 Tablespoons of cooking oil
- 3 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Pat chicken dry. Mix all of the wet ingredients and salt and pepper in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cook chicken in oil until the edges turn white and it’s nicely browned. Flip chicken and cook for about another 3 minutes until both sides of chicken are browned.
- Empty mixture into pan with the chicken and turn heat to low. Allow the sauce to cook and get sticky, making sure to flip the chicken over to allow the sticky mixture to cover the chicken. Serve hot.
I hope you enjoy the recipe as much as we did. Try slicing one of the leftover chicken thighs and putting it into a wrap sandwich for lunch the next day. Delish!
Do you love chicken recipes? Check out this list of allergy-friendly chicken recipes for great dinner ideas! If you enjoy Asian inspired recipes, I recommend you try Nut Free Wok. She has some amazing allergy-friendly recipes!