The holidays are fast approaching. EEEK! Why not get into the spirit with Christmas Wreath Apple Slices!They’re quick to make and the kids just love them! Probably my favorite part is they’re peanut free, making them safe for most school snacks!
The holidays don’t have to be all about cookies, cakes and pies. Try this fun, colorful snack that makes apples and SunButter the hot snack choice of the season! The frosting is made with SunButter, powdered sugar and food dye.
The green SunButter is piped onto the apple slices using a pastry bag and a frosting tip. Watch the how-to video below for specifics on how the wreath is created by pulling the frosting back quickly.
Christmas Wreath Apple Slices
- apples- washed, sliced and cored
- fresh fruit powder, lemon juice or apple juice
- 1/4 cup SunButter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 8 drops of green food dye
- 2 tsp dairy-free milk
- dried cranberries & red sprinkles (optional)
- Treat the apples with fresh fruit powder, lemon juice or apple juice to keep them from browning.
- Add SunButter, powdered sugar, food dye and dairy-free milk together and mix with a hand blender.
- Spoon the frosting mixture into a pastry bag and pipe frosting onto each apple slice using the method shown in the video.
- Top with red sprinkles, dried cranberries or toppings of your choice.
I am a SunButter Ambassador and create fun, delicious, allergy-friendly recipes per in exchange for product and compensation. This recipe is NOT part of my contract but I wish I had thought of it sooner. I just made it because I LOVE SunButter and believe in the product. Payment was not received for this post, but I did use the product given to me for being an ambassador. Hopefully you enjoy this recipe as much as my family and I do. It was a hit! Happy Holidays! Elizabeth