The holidays are full of decorating, cooking, and traveling. So why not make a simple pie recipe like this Dairy Free Chocolate Pudding Pie. Oh, and it’s not just dairy free! It’s dairy free, egg free, nut free and can be gluten free if you use a gluten free pie shell!
I’ve made different versions of this pie, banana pudding pie with sliced bananas, vanilla pudding pie with strawberries on top, but my all-time favorite flavor combination so far is the chocolate pudding pie with the sliced strawberries mainly because…chocolate.
If you can have pea protein (we can’t), this pie would taste even better with some Coco Whip on top. You can always whip up your own coconut whipped cream using the solid coconut cream and a good recipe, but I honestly don’t think this recipe needs it. It’s sweet enough as is.
About that graham cracker pie crust…
I’ve been able to find graham cracker pie shells that are safe for my son, which means they’re dairy free, egg free, nut free and pea free. I’ve also found gluten free shells if you’re needing it. In the freezer section of our grocery store I even found a pie shell that was top8 and gluten free, but not made from graham crackers. You can still easily use a standard pie shell, just make sure you bake it before adding the pudding!
Dairy Free Chocolate Pudding Pie
- 2 (3.4oz) packages of heat and serve chocolate pudding
- 3 cups of soy milk
- ready-made safe graham cracker shell
- fresh strawberries
- Follow the directions on the back of the pudding box BUT only add three cups of soy milk, not four.
- Once the pudding is finished cooking, allow it to cool for five minutes then pour it into the pie crust.
- Refrigerate the pie for about 4 hours or overnight. Decorate the top with sliced strawberries and you’re done!
EBL Food Allergies